With the support of our school family educator, parents at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Oatley are provided with a variety of opportunities that connect their family with the religious life of the school and the parish.
Examples of these include:
- Weekly playgroup in the hall.
- Prayer cards to celebrate births.
- Sympathy cards to recognise loss.
- ‘Walk and Talk Mornings’ when the school family educator invites families for a community walk to a coffee shop. Time is made to connect and talk about family and faith.
- Parent excursions also happen throughout the year. Examples include visits to St Mary’s Cathedral, Mary MacKillop Place, Sculptures by the Sea and Stations of the Cross at Woronora.